competition - sunflowers

If you want to win a Tallest Sunflower competition don't rely on a six year old and a non horticultarilist mother with seemingly no common sense to pick up the seeds.

Our Dwarf sunflower seeds are in. Photo attached.

I'll try myself to pick up some seeds if I get some free time. If not i'll still keep you updated with "our project" but we'll be lucky if we get these buggers higher than 2 feet.

2gtosqw.jpg

Sponsored Links
well i gave up after my daughter went and dug up the seeds we had planted and a slug got the last one at 1 foot tall. She kept saying how she wished she could grow one, but i couldnt make a three year old understand that it was too late to grow another one. So in Homebase the other night i spotted a two foot tall one with loads of heads, bought it, popped it in the garden. You should have seen her face when she saw it. Best £3.99 ive spent for a long time. She goes out every day, come rain or shine and waters it with her little watering can :LOL:

noseall (or should I say Mrs noseall) better than mine. i will hjave to post a new pic.

Question for anyone though.

why dont they fall down?

Last year we had one snap off in the wind, so this year i have given them all supports, but as i drive round i see sunflowers and they are all vertical with no supports. I am worried mine will fall over like last years. any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
mrs n just nailed ours to the connie!

just kidding. :LOL:

there is a ribbon of twine passing through the opening lights of the connie holding them upright.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back