whirlpool dishwasher green light flashing 7 times

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just connected whirlpool dishwasher adp4542, it has been moved and stored for 6 months, the machine starts up the cycle sounds ok then after about 2 minutes it stops then shows the green light flashing , when i press the green light swith for 3 seconds it starts up again then runs for another few minutes this continues time after time

before i call the engineer out to repair it is there anything i can do myself to try to fix it

Sponsored Links
really depends on the age of the machine.
However, start it up, when the light flashes count the flashes between pauses. the number of flashes equals an error code.

thanks sleepyhead

there are 7 flashes in between pauses , any idea what error it may be anybody?????

Sponsored Links
It's a flow meter failure.
Unplug the machine from the wall socket.
Take the left hand panel off (looking from front).
Looking at it from the side, at the bottom right of the plastic fill chamber you'll see a water wheel, disconnect the plug from this, clean the contacts on the small pcb, tighten the connections on the plug and plug it back on.
Reassemble the machine. Plug it back into the wall socket, reset it and try a program again.

thanks sleepyhead

there are 7 flashes in between pauses , any idea what error it may be anybody?????

Maverico, I have the same problem in my machine. Did the Sleepyhead advise work?

By the way, thank you Sleepyhead for taking the time to help

I have a caple di441 which is essentially a rebadged whirlpool. I was getting the 7 (sometimes 6) flashes thing exactly as discribed at the beginning of this thread. I followed sleepyhead's instructions as best I could - taking the whole dishwasher out from under the worktop (its a built-in), unscrewing the entire left side of the machine to expose this large relatively thin/flat white plastic container with water in it. I took out the tube which enters from the top of the machine into the top righthandside of the plastic container. I then unplugged and cleaned (by blowing to remove dust etc) the pcb (or printed circuit board thing) at the bottom of the plastic container. Reinserted both the tube and the pcb, started another cycle and hey presto, sleepyheads your uncle, it worked. Saved me a fortune and a lot of washing up.

cheers. ps. i never post these sorts of things on forums like this but I was so grateful that this gem worked that I thought it was only fair that I spread the love!

Hi Sleepyhead,

I had this code 7 on my DWF B00 Ikea dishwasher coming up pretty fast after starting a program and tried the solution here to take off the cover and tighten the contacts on the plug that is connected to the little printboard. It seemed as if the device worked better, it could almost finish an entire program, but after maybe an hour the beeps and code 7 still come up....

Any other trick I could try?

Maybe I can try cleaning the contacts with contactspray, the board looks pretty new to me though!

Thanks

Marcel

It's a flow meter failure.
Unplug the machine from the wall socket.
Take the left hand panel off (looking from front).
Looking at it from the side, at the bottom right of the plastic fill chamber you'll see a water wheel, disconnect the plug from this, clean the contacts on the small pcb, tighten the connections on the plug and plug it back on.
Reassemble the machine. Plug it back into the wall socket, reset it and try a program again.
Hi, i have the same problem with my whirlpool DWF B00, stops on rinse, beeps and light flashes 7 times. Salt water light has been permanently on since we bought it 2nd hand and has stayed on even though i have filled it with salt. Any suggestions what to do? its fitted so i thought i'd ask first.
Thanks, Mickey.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back