No hot water coming thorugh mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently (last month) had a new thermostatic mixer shower fitted - the manufacturer is Mayfair (product code SFL119). Its gravity fed, with hot water from the tank in the airing cupboard and cold from the cold water tank in the loft.

Its been fine until today but today there is no hot water coming through it -putting the temp to cold, the cold comes through fine but move it to hotter and it slows to a tiny trickle - i.e. theres no hot water being allowed to come through.

The water everywhere else in the house, including the bathroom where the shower is, is fine, both hot and cold - so the problem is isolated to the shower itself.

As it's brand new it seems more unlikely to be a problem with the valve itself - I'm wondering if it could be an air lock?

Would really appreciate any suggestions/ advice - many thanks!!

Sponsored Links
I would be supprized if that shower works well off of gravity feed I would have assumed 0.5bar pressure required as a Minimum. The manufacturers site does not help with no specification details.

I would take the handset off of the hose lower the hose as much as poss then see if you can get a flow. if you leave it running for a couple of minutes if its air then it might do it, but not always.

If not take the valve off from the wall after turning off the supplies you can run off some water that way.

while it is off the wall check the inlet filters and non return valves if there are any.

Good luck.

Thanks Technotim - took the hose off and ran it through for a few minutes - must have been air as that sorted it - cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back