Adjusting Anglian uPVC Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my uPVC units has a slight gap on the hinge side where the window meets the rubber seal on the frame resulting in a draft. Is there any adjustment on these units? They are white uPVC hinged on one side, circa 2003 install.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
you might be lucky and the hinge could be moved slightly further along the runner to reduce the gap, this problem is often due to the weight of the window and you might be able to simply push it back with a firm bit of pressure.

Depending on the manufacturer there are lots of adjustments on these units.

Are you still in touch with the installer? Might be best to ask a bit of friendly advice off them first.

I'm getting the same thing as the original poster (Anglian uPVC - not tilt and turn - don't know when they were installed). The gap is at the bottom only. I can't see anything obvious to adjust. If anyone managed to fix this themselves I'd be grateful for some advice.

Sponsored Links
Get on to Anglian, they have been doing check ups since they fitted ours in 2002, they ring every year to ask if there are any adjustments needed.
Never been charged for anything.

Tony

Get on to Anglian, they have been doing check ups since they fitted ours in 2002, they ring every year to ask if there are any adjustments needed.
Never been charged for anything.

Tony

Thanks very much for the info. I will try that even though I'm just a tenant (the caring variety).

I did manage a "quick fix" to the problem: lubricate the hinges then apply a suction pad to glass in the problem corner. Pull on the pad while closing the window and hey presto the gap is nearly gone, and the draft has gone completely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back