Carport question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've just bought one of [GALLERY=media, 4488][/GALLERY]
for the side of our house and I'm not sure how it achieves a waterproof seal against the brick work :?
I've never put one of these together before but I'd describe myself as a more than competent DIYer.

Is flashing tape suitable to do the job :?: and if, is it as simple as clean the brickwork to remove dust and stick it down?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
flashband is poor mans flashing. :(

sometimes it can (surprisingly) last for years and bond well.

other times it can split or peel away and last only until it has sustained some direct sunlight.

there are flashband primers on the market and i would advise warming the flashband as you stick it down.

lead flashing will 'move' with the roof and last longer. it will need to be dressed snug down onto the sheets though and with a decent lap.

OOI, what is the purpose of flashing on a carport? the inside is still outdoors, and walls don't usually have water running down them.

Sponsored Links
Thanks fore the quick replies, I'll just have to wait for it to arrive and go from there.
I'm going to stay away from that flashing tape though; thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back