vokera 20/80 flowmatic no heating and hotwater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vokera 20/80 flomatic combi with no hot water or heating the pilot light is on but the main burner fails to ignite this has only happened after coming back from one weeks holiday,i have replaced pressure vessel about three weeks ago,any help will be welcome. :confused:

Sponsored Links
There are several things but it all depends on what the boiler does do!

Pump, gas valve, pcb etc.

Perhaps you need a conpetent boiler engineer to diagnose the fault?

Tony

Pressure vessel??? Maybe the expansion vessel?

stew40 said:
I have a vokera 20/80 flomatic combi with no hot water or heating the pilot light is on but the main burner fails to ignite this has only happened after coming back from one weeks holiday,i have replaced pressure vessel about three weeks ago,any help will be welcome. :confused: The pump and fan is running the pin on the dhw micro switch is moving when tap is turned on but the pin on the boiler flow switch is stuck in and does'nt move at all,could this be the problem :?:

Sponsored Links
The fan runs at high speed yes?

If so then when was the boiler last serviced?

Would suggest APS problem or clogged venturi. Both jobs for a CORGI.

You have missed what he has concealed in his last post dan!

To the OP. I dont understand how you can ever expect the system flow to not be operating and for the boiler to still fire up!

Its a safety device to PREVENT firing without a flow of water.

How can you say the pump is running? Is the shaft turning? Is there water in it? Is the impeller full of dirt? Is it full of air?

The problem is almost certainly associated with the pump but in theory the flow switch could be faulty or stuck but thats HIGHLY unlikely so dont touch it.

Tony

:oops: Missed that last line. Hangover starting to hurt and I rrrreeeeaaallllyyyy can't be ar7sed to do my estimates.

Punctuation goes a long way to making problems easier to solve. When you get reams of text like that it makes reading it so much more tedious; one gives up after a while.

You have missed what he has concealed in his last post dan!

Are you sure about that Tony.

Remember the flow switch moves in with water flow.

That means that this one is stuck in a dangerous condition.

I visited a vokera mynute last week that ran dry and set on fire :eek:

The question is, is the fan going from slow to fast speed, and if it is, it is likely to be the usual fault caused by lack of servicing.

Just out of interest, when was it last serviced properly

I would say it is highly likely that the boiler has been neglected. Nothing a good service will not cure.

Have yet to replace an expansion vessel on this model.

my boiler isnt heating up water.. what do i have to check to get it fixed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back