eletric keeps tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a few problems with my central heating and have had pump unpluged now thats fixed every time you plug in the pump it trips the eletric off completely also theres a socket that not working aswell is this conected as it stopped working after eletric tripped

Sponsored Links
I'VE HAD PROBLEMS WITH MY CENTRAL HEATING SYSTEM AFTER I DRAIN THE SYSTEM AND REPLACED THE VALVES I COULDN'T GET THE SYSTEM TO FILL AGAIN AYWAY FINALLY GOT IT FILLED GONE TO PLUG IN THE PUMP AND IT TRIPPED THE ELETRIC

Sponsored Links
megawatt said:
Surely this is a plss take?

The OP is from Manchester :LOL:

REA-S, if no fixed wiring in the installation has been altered then its safe to assume the fault is wiring the new pump or associated wiring. Is said pump simply on a 13A plug? If so, are you certain both the pump and plug end have been wired correctly, no mixups between earth and neutral?

You also mention a dead socket. Is this the same outlet feeding the pump?

it's no **** take
no new installation of pump its the exist one its been unplug for a few weeks while works been done now pluged it in and it trips all the eletric oof in the house have to unplug and switch the trip switch back on at the fuse box other socket now working again

The thing that trips, is it an RCD (with a "Test" button)?

Likely causes are:

Incorrectly wired plug
Incorrectly wired pump
Water leak at pump making electrical connections wet
Incorrect supplementary bonding or an electrical fault on e.g. the imersion heater or boiler travelling through the pipes
Incorrect connection of the circuit in the consumer unit

Suspect recently-changed or fitted components first.

Try plugging some other appliance in to the same socket and see if it trips. If no, the fault is with is the pump, wire or plug. if yes, it is the socket or cable that's the problem.

It is very odd to have a pump connected via a pump, since it ought to be switched on and off by the boiler and the thermostats. why is it done that way?

no

and without wishing to be rude, his writing style, lack of punctuation and paragraphs make it difficult to read.

Am I getting an apology from Moderator 3? Or do i have to take this to admin? We have more chiefs than indians on this forum.

you should have used the word "duplicate" rather than "superfluous" then (s)he would have known what you meant :LOL:

If you want to be stroppy you have to go over to the Plumbers' forum ;)

JohnD said:
you should have used the word "duplicate" rather than "superfluous" then (s)he would have known what you meant :LOL:

If you want to be stroppy you have to go over to the Plumbers' forum ;)
Is superfluous not english? I'm trying to prove how old I am John! ie. not 17! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back