zannusi washer dryer 1397w keeps leaking water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Everytime i run my washing my machine keeps leaking water, i have had an engineer out and he couldnt find the problem. The water seems to be comming from the front somewhere but i cant see where. I have checked the pipes at the back and they were still dry and tight. I am lost where to look next. I did think it was the door seal but the engineer said that it was fine, but i am not so sure. Is there anywhere else the water could be comming from. It seems to only leak on the spin cycle.

Sponsored Links
Have you looked at pipe from bottom of drum to the pump and onwards to the drain outlet.?

Did you locate the leak? My machine, same one has started leaking but cannot work out where from. My tennant found water behind the machine but we put it on last night and then onto drain and could not see any signs of water. I did not try the spin cycle so maybe it is that. Perhaps I need a new machine? Do people deliver and take the old one away?

thanks for your help

Hi, before you do anything anyone suggest please do this. Start simple. Clean the soap draw, especially the conditioner section. If this blocks water can overflow the compartment during the rinse. It will track down the front of the machine, round the door and down on to the floor. Very hard to see. Most people go over the top and start stripping machines down. When I worked for Service Force ( the repairers for the Zanussi under guarantee) I saw so many engineers and customers miss this.

Sponsored Links
[/quote]Jakes I am having a similar problem although I have a Zanussi FLE116W. I removed the filter to clean it and now when I start my machine I have water coming from the middle of the drain filter front. I have checked that it is screwed back in properly but it still leaks. I don't know what to do and wonder whether the water from the washer dryer could be coming from the same place

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back