Grout allowing dog pee through

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a problem with my ceramic floor tiles. I have laid them a few weeks ago and when my dogs pee on the floor it leaks through the grout. I have re-laid numerous tiles now and i'm still getting the problem. I used Unibond Adhesive/Grout to first lay the tiles, left it 48 hours then grouted them with the same stuff. The grout is supposed to be water proof, why is it causing me a headache with the dogs peeing on it? do I need an extra sealer or something? :(

P.s. my tiles were laid on concrete floor.

Sponsored Links
My dog sits by the back door when she needs to "go to the bathroom". She's well trained.

What do you mean leaks through, if on concrete where does it leak to? Maybe you mean 'soaks in'

Easy solution, build a kennel and don't let 'em in the house. or are we talking young pups here?

There is a great product here: http://www.getthesmellout.com/ to get rid of the urine otherwise it will be sealed in. There are colored sealants that completely "seal" the grout . Alot of different companies have them. You paint the grout with an epoxy sealer just like people use on their garage floors. It will leave the grout shiney, but it will now be non-porous.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back