Decking a small flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small flat roofed area surrounded by four walls (it provides access to my roof and contains a skylight (89cm*89cm)providing light to the ground floor) of 232cm * 189cm * 186cm * 106cm.

I have recently refelted this area however would like to make it look more attractive from the overlooking windows and would also like to make the area useable for hanging out washing etc.

Has anybody any suitable suggestions of a floor covering for this area which would not damage the roof felt - ideally I would like to use decking but am yet to find a suitable solution for resting the decking joists onto the roof unless I actually attach them to the surrounding walls.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - yes this is structurally sound for supporting the decking. Do you know of any retailers that stock the rubber decking supports as I am having no luck contacting them by telephone and neither do they seem to answer the phone when I've tried.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
markl said:
Thanks - yes this is structurally sound for supporting the decking. Do you know of any retailers that stock the rubber decking supports as I am having no luck contacting them by telephone and neither do they seem to answer the phone when I've tried.

Cheers.

That is odd, have you tried all the mobile numbers aswell?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back