ferroli f 24 b condensing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help had this boiler fitted last year and the bloke who fitted it doesnt want to know about coming to repair it.here is the problem hot water working fine but heating not coming on dont have a thermostat fitted i just flick button on timer to I and O when off could it be a problem with the timer i have bleed the system its runnig at 2bars and there is no leaks help please thanks

sim_b_uk

Sponsored Links
Not familiar with your boiler but if your HW is working then its unlikly to be anything major.

Clock would be the obvious thing to check first but again without knowing too much about the boiler i cant be more specific.

Don't all Ferrolis come with a 2 year warranty? Call them yourself and they will send someone out FOC if still under warranty.

That is all an installer would do after visiting to check it wasn't something basic and simple.

I hope your absent installer filled out the benchmark and notified the boiler installation?

(God, I'm sounding like Tony now :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
sim_b_uk said:
can anyone help had this boiler fitted last year and the bloke who fitted it doesnt want to know about coming to repair it.here is the problem hot water working fine but heating not coming on dont have a thermostat fitted i just flick button on timer to I and O when off could it be a problem with the timer i have bleed the system its runnig at 2bars and there is no leaks help please thanks

sim_b_uk
you are right plummber didnt fill in no paper work just fitted boiler and said he would come back later to corgi reg bolier how do i manage can i get a corgi engineer to come round and corgi reg boiler or would i have problems as this guy didnt reg bolier

thanks in advance for any replys

Doubt any other corgi would do this for you.

Sounds like your installer was/is not registered. Call him and ask him to come back and sort out all paperwork and notify it to corgi.

If he complains call corgi and report him for a possible illegal installation.

Still try calling Ferroli though for warranty. If its a fault that is NOT down to faulty installation they will probably still honour the warranty.

so long as you have something in writing to show when it was brought, i'm sure ferrolli will have an engineer to fix it for you they are usually pretty fair.
i would call corgi anyway with the details of the installer if he is registered then they will say so & if not they will get on his case
corgi will be very interested as he may have had several previous warnings about installing gas without registration.

If you don't have a receipt (cash job was it?!!) give ferolli the serial number, this should tell them if under warranty.

sim_b_uk said:

sim_b_uk
thanks to all who helped out with trouble with boiler will look for serial and give ferroli a ring would a ferroli engineer have a problem with boiler because its not corgi reg

This depends on each manufacturers policy and the engineer on site as to what he see's. If anything dangerous he could condem it and issue a RIDDOR.

Always best to be safe rather than sorry.

Anyway not your problem at the end of the day, its your installers ;)

I can't understand why you seem reluctant to follow our advise and report to corgi :confused:

Its not that you fitted it yourself is it :eek:

gas4you said:
This depends on each manufacturers policy and the engineer on site as to what he see's. If anything dangerous he could condem it and issue a RIDDOR.

Always best to be safe rather than sorry.

Anyway not your problem at the end of the day, its your installers ;)

I can't understand why you seem reluctant to follow our advise and report to corgi :confused:

Its not that you fitted it yourself is it :eek:

nope didnt fit boiler wouldnt have a clue where to start anyway will phone the plummber in morning and if he dosent answer phone i will report him to corgi

How did you find him?

Have you paid him in full and how did you pay?

Its very important that you have the right paperwork when you come to sell the house.

Tony

Agile said:
How did you find him?

Have you paid him in full and how did you pay?

Its very important that you have the right paperwork when you come to sell the house.

Tony
paid him in full 1300 i was told about him buy a friend and the only paperwork i have is the book on the boiler. saying that just found out he also ripped his friend off when he fitted a boiler for him his friend had to pay 1500 quid for anther boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back