Central Heating timer/programmer upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am going to attempt to upgrade the programmer for my central heating (old MK1 SUNVIC with analogue clock) to a digital one bought from Trav.Prkns. The old sunvic has 19 wires going in and the new IFLO has 7. I will buy a connecting plate to sort this. Can someone please tell me if I'm on the right track & which wires go where? Many Thanks.

ps: have also posted this by elecrical

Sponsored Links
Go on the Honeywell site and search for Y plan or S plan. They will show you standard system wiring diagrams.

on the right track & which wires go where

you might have to ring the circuits out, ie set multimeter on ohms and a long peice of wire :eek: to trace where they go,

I still get flashbacks to tracing two motorised valves , from the programmer in the kitchen , up the stairs into the bedroom (oooerr) and then taking up floorboards. how we larffed.

yours might be easy, and just follow the wires. sounds as if you need a separate wiring centre tho.

OP has already had his questions answered on the Electrics forum :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for your responses. Sorry I made duplicates in both electric & plumbing, I was unsure where to put my post :confused:

I will use the Y plan from the Honeywell site. Do I need a 10 way junction box or a wiring centre? (there are 19 wires going to the old SUNVIC, but the plate on the new IFLO programmer has just 7 terminals) :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back