Saniplus Malfunction ..... HELP...... (please!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please, please help with a SaniPlus problem I am having.

In summary, I have a Saniplus fitted to my toilet and it appears to be playing up. The pan is now completely full of water which is pretty clean thankfully but is not draining away. Also the system keeps emitting a loud humm for about 60 seconds approximately every five minutes. It doesnt sound like the normal motor noise, but I would imagine it is something to do with that.

I have now resorted to turning of the power incase I am burning something out. I am reluctant to flush the toilet either as I would assume the pan would then over flow.

the sink and shower is linked to the system, and I noticed that when the sink tap was turned on some water came out of the plug hole of the shower !!! Presumably as it cant drain through the Saniplus.

I have been absolutely assured that nothing untoward has been flushed away following a full military style interrogation of my family.

Can somebody please help ???

I have checked the Saniplus installation guide off their web site and the trouble shoot appears to say:
"Clear or replace the non return valve (externally mounted)" for problems when the motor intermittently activates or secondly to "Clear the air vent" for when water in the WC pan goes down very slowly.

The only problem is, I dont know which these parts are or where to find them, as the exploded diagram in their manual is all numbered, but not referenced to part names.....!!!!

I'd be so grateful if somebody could please offer me the wealth of their knowledge..

Thank you in advance
Howard

Sponsored Links
21a/b is the nrv, but I think all your fears are justified. Sounds like the motor is jammed or bust.
Buy a water-vapable vac (Wickes, <£40) and get down and dirty, or call the Sani-Man.

Some people dont tell the truth when questioned!

really.... why do you say that if you dont mind me asking. Do you not believe the statement to be true about needing a water vapable vac ?

thank you

Sponsored Links
sunnybank said:
really.... why do you say that if you dont mind me asking. Do you not believe the statement to be true about needing a water vapable vac ?
thank you

I was referring to the people you questioned about putting non approved things in the toilet.

The water vac is a bit of overkill when a small mug can be used to empty the contents into a bucket within 5 minutes. Less time than getting served at Wickes!

Tony

ah haaa... got you. Sorry - I was just being paranoid !!!!

I think the consequences of finding something in the system when pulled apart will have feard my little 'ens into telling the truth this time ! I told them I'd make them watch the England match tonight if they lied :confused:

Of course, I never thought of that! I suppose I can drain it by hand and then pull bits apart. Presumably I can inspect the non return valve for blockages before calling out an engineer I guess....

Just consider yourself lucky it's clean water. The last one I went to was s###. Well it wasn't clear and it had this strong (VERY STRONG) horrible odour (stunk) .

Thats why I HATE the things!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back