mixer shower runs cold-combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi- Can any1 solve this problem? I have a thermostatic mixer shower. It runs off a combi maxi boiler. cold pressure is v good- so is the hot. But it comes out only mildy warm- virtually cold.
when i turn on the cold basin tap the mixer seems to get hotter- is this a problem with the thermostat? or is it an unequal pressure problem?
I cant access the shower pipes- apart from lifting up the floor tiles ):
Would a pressure reducing valve on the cold feed after the main stop cock solve this?
Cos its doin me ead in!

Please help
Allan

Sponsored Links
Could be a pressure problem. Did the MI's for the shower ask for non-return valves in the pipe work to the shower? Have you got them?

Do all the other hot taps work ok?

Hi Dave- all taps and the other mixer shower fine- just looked at installation instructions and it doesnt mention non-return valves.

Do you think a presure reducer on the main cold feed pipe (before the boiler) would help at all?

Good wishes

Allan

Is this a new shower installation, if not has the shower ever worked properly and got hot?

Sponsored Links
do a cold test and a hot test on a bath or sink if you get more from cold then a pressure reducer would help but if it is almost equal then i would suspect the shower valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back