What is the smallest combi boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replacing my boiler with a new Combi system?

Problem:
Need to replace my Potterton Supra 50
Specification: 50,000 Btu/hr – 14.8KW
Dimensions: 600h x 400w x 260d
Wall mounted in cupboard h960 x w560 x d295 (possibly 300mm)
Cupboard has a door but no bottom to it.
The real problem is the wife insists the new combi boiler must be concealed in the cupboard. Hence the depth is most important.

Combi Choices
Ferroli Modena 80 FF H-720mm W-460mm D-270mm
23.8kW - 80,000 Btu/h - 9.7 l/min
Chaffoteaux Minima MX2 30FF H-720mm W-390mm Depth- 290mm
30 kW - 102,400 Btu/h - 12.2 l/min

Both of these would fit (including the flue).
Ferroli recommends a front clearance of IDEALLY 50mm.
Chaffoteaux recommended a front clearance of only 5mm.

Which is the better boiler in terms of reliability?
Could anyone recommend any other worth considering?

Sponsored Links
Ideal does a small one, Plumbcentre had it on offer with a heat pack about a month ago in their mag the Grapevine. Should be able to purchase it seperatley.

The smallest Ideal Combi boiler is the MiniC24
703 x 400 x 310
The depth would be too large for my cupboard.
Thanks for your extremely fast reply.

Height may be a problem - don't forget the flue needs an extra 200mm or so minimum. You need to comply with the instructions on this. Unfortunately they all have a big bunch of pipes at the bottom!

Ideal Isar should have 687 + 10 ( 100 for access) below + 165 above, but only 278 deep & 390 wide.

Beats the hell out of anything Chaff or Ferroli - unless you're particularly unlucky. It's a condenser with 12 l/min flow rate.

Any combi will need a replacement gas pipe all the way back to the meter. Any combi will need a replacement gas pipe all the way back to the meter. Any combi will need a replacement gas pipe all the way back to the meter. !!!

Sponsored Links
Yes, your right the Ideal Isar is another option.
However, the price is little high I'm looking for the sub £500 mark.

Its the ONLY option I know for non-junk boilers to fit.

Are you fitting it yourself?

It's a more efficient boiler so you'll save the difference very quickly. It's very good value. If you fit it yourself it will cost more than if a regd installer buys it. Not true of non-condensers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back