Potterton Profile 100NG Overheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Need some help, had the plumber in & e has done a load of bits including putting an upside down pump the right way up. He has not done everything agreed so we are a bit p1ssed with him but the problem is the boiler keeps tripping out on the overheat now & we can't get any hot water or heating any ideas on what the reason for the repeated overheat could be?

Sponsored Links
The first thing to do is to establish whether it really was on upside down, then is it spinning, then is there water in the system.

After that, the solution will be obvious.

Sponsored Links
The pump was upside down originally. My wife phoned him & he said it was upsidedown due to the way the system flows. I asked the new plumber he said it didn't matter which way up it was??? The pump is running.

A pump has to be the correct way up as the system will be designed for the water to flow one way only :eek:

The boiler going to overheat at it's simplest would be lack of flow through the boiler. Check the pump valves are open fully and check the arrow on the pump casting for flow direction. It should flow from the pump to the 3 way valve.

Is there a bypass fitted?

furrybloke said:
The pump was upside down originally. My wife phoned him & he said it was upsidedown due to the way the system flows. I asked the new plumber he said it didn't matter which way up it was??? The pump is running.

So why did he change it?

Anyway, is there any heat coming up to the "AB" port of the motorised valve?

Pump flows towards the 3 point valve now, is that correct? All pipes are hot. The boiler hasn't tripped for about an hour so fingers crossed (longest all day). I am going to grab a shower whilst I can. I have turned the boiler down to 1 from 3 out of 6.

Thanks for your help I will let you know how it goes.

Got nothing to do with no being happy p1ssed when someone says they work till 6 & sod off @ 4:30 each day & then tell you they need another half day!

Left some bits in that should have gone & took out bits that could have stayed!

So Yeah I am bloody public

Mailshot his neighbours and tell them what a tosser he is, he is sounds like he deserves it. Its the only way I can get back at the cowboys round here. ;)

ya see so you never said you'll work late then change ya mind and go home

he's only human to his entitled to go home at a sensible time aswell

or is it what they say i can but you can't.

I never tell customers a time that I will go each day. It can vary between 3.30pm and 6.00pm depending on what stage I am at each day.

As I only work on a fixed price quote it does not matter how long I take or my start/stop times each day as long as I get the job done.

Obviously the faster I am the more money I make ;)

Gas4 if the guy had done that no problem the fact is we are having huge amounts done & it is being done in piece work he said he couldn't fix a price so agreed to 2 days work till 6pm & had to do as much as possible & complete certain jobs which allowed the next stage of the work. This is the fall down area.

High Spec your comments are neither helpful or constructive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back