Blanking off an old hole in stench pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for some urgent advice on the following problem!

Am doing a job fitting a new wall hung basin in a cloakroom with a chrome bottle trap.

The wast pipe from the previous sink is to low for the bottle trap, I therefore need to raise this up. The stench pipe is directly behind the wall I am fitting the sink to. I am hoping to drill a new hole and use a strap on boss for the higher outlet.

My question is, can I blank off the original hole in the stench pipe? Is there a special blank I can buy for this? Or can any one think of a way of doing it?

What size boss connector do I need to fit a 32mm waste pipe into?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Assuming its a 4" stack 110mm strap boss and an 1,1/4" adaptor!!
Cap old boss with a blank
If the new basin is higher as you say, why not use a couple of bends to adjust height outside?

Thanks for the advice.

The scenario is: The cloakroom has the stenchpipe running through it, and previously the owners boxed it in (big box) which has created the 'wall' to fit a sink onto. So the current waste comes straight out of the stench pipe, and sits flust to the plasterboard, the old waste connected into that. I did try and fit a couple of 90 elbows, but this brings it to far out and paste the bottle trap connection! Pain in the A**e job, by all accounts!

Couple of pics would help. SOil pipe material is..?

Sponsored Links
Redhotferrari said:
...... I did try and fit a couple of 90 elbows, but this brings it to far out and paste the bottle trap connection!

Sometimes 'street elbows' can help a bit. One end of the elbow is a 32mm spigot that fits straight into an adjacent boss, instead of needing a short length of pipe between fittings, saving about 1 1/2".

Maybe a universal tubular trap would be easier to fit than a bottle trap, as the outlet can be orientated to suit the pipework.
Some are telescopic, allowing for different outlet heights as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back