Ideal Response Boiler won't relight!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal Response combi-boiler boiler & today the Water Pressure Gauge went to Zero & required relighting. I increased the Water Pressure back to just above 1 bar but I now can't get any Hot Water or Central Heating.

This also happened about a year ago just after I moved in & the burner eventually re-ignited after carrying out the above, although it took about half hour. (I don't know if its coincidence, but I did turn the Hot Water tap on for 10 mins or so & thats when the boiler reignited?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for ur quick reply. I tried pushing in the overheat stat (small round red button RHS underneath) and doesn't seemed to have helped.

Not sure if it makes any difference but the button is extremely flimsy & loose & just fell back down after pushing it in?? I had a look underneath near the button & noticed there was a bulb inside that was lit, not sure if this is relevant??

Its the low water pressure switch has operated and not reset when you finally remembered to repressurise the boiler.

If you make it dark you will see an orange glow inside by the water pressure gauge.

If yuo pressurise it a little high to say 1.8 Bar then it will probably reset after a few hours.

If not the LP switch will need to be replaced.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks. As you said the light does have an orange glow. I've set the pressure at just about 1.8 bar & hopefully see if it resets in a few hours.

If the light goes out does this mean the water pressure switch has reset?

Yes, and it will be working nicely!

Motto, ALWAYS check the operating pressure regularly.

Tony

That's great!! Its been causing me grief I really don't need today so many thanks for your help Tony & also Tiesto. I'll definitely note your advise re the pressure!

Thanks again :)

Sorry, one quick point which probably sounds stupid, but should I leave the mains/central heating switches on or off whilst I'm waiting for the reset :confused:

Leave them on and then it will automatically reset when its ready.

Usually they reset within a few hours, some after a day or two and some we have to change the switch as the client gets fed up waiting.

Tony

Hi,
My Ideal Response Combi boiler's pilot light seems to have gone out.
I can't see how I can relight it.

The pressure is low, but ok (about .8) and the orange light people talk about is off. Also the LED light for low pressure is off.

The system sounds like it is operating ok - it seems to turn on the fan, and try to work, but I am getting no heat.

Any advice? Anyone know a good boiler repairer around E1?

Thanks

Kath

Actually, I think I can see the orange light. More to the left of the boiler, but there I am sure.

I guess the question is - how do I increase the pressure? There doesn't seem to be any control to do this. And I have no manual (bought the flat last year, so have no history of this boiler)

Thanks again!

Kath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back