Adsl filtered faceplate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I wanted to ask a few questions regarding adsl filtered faceplates

firstly on which socket should i put the plate on? it says on the master but then i dont connect via my nte5 master,

if i change where i connect with the bebox which isnt the master and make the extention socket into a master and then use the faceplate will this be the same thing and will it work just as good or is there a better way around this???

thanks alot for all your help

Sponsored Links
You can take a single pair from the existing BT master box to a NTE 5 "master" box that you buy and fit where your computer / hub is located.

On this NTE5 you fit a filter front plate with an ADSL socket for your broadband, a filtered phone socket and connections after that filter to extension phone sockets .

Then ALL your telephone cabling ( two pair ) is taken from this NTE 5's filter.

This keeps the incoming pair "clean" up to the ADSL socket without any spurs or stub wiring on the circuit carrying the ADSL signal.

It means there is only one filter on the line and total separation of voice from ADSL in the internal wiring. ( other than along the incoming pair )

alternatively you can put the filter plate on the existing master socket and then wire a dedicated pair from the DSL side of the filter plate (you can get filter plates with the DSL side availible on terminals on the back) to a socket for your DSL modem.

Sponsored Links
Visit http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_faceplate_mod.htm it describes the replacement front part of nte5 master socket.

This one has sockets for filtered voice and adsl on the front together with connections on rear to provide for filtered voice extensions and unfiltered connection for remote, hardwired, adsl socket.

With this no further filters are required.

I'm really behind the times with a lil splitter box on a flying lead ..... My bad

I'm gonna get one O' them tho ........ & show it to all my neighbours....... A guys gotta make a quid or two somhow :cool:

Emphasis303, you asked:

would this be a faceplate with dedicated dsl points on the back??

This is from the third paragraph on that web page:

IDC terminals on the rear allow connection of additional filtered and unfiltered hardwired telephone extensions.

I've got one and it's true.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back