Creda washing machine not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Creda washing machine that suddenly stopped going through its cycle and drum not turning. I inspected the carbon brushes, 1 of which was particluarly worn so I replaced both of them. The motor is now working, however, it still doesn't spin, although the drum does turn. I don't think the belt is slipping, it is moving but fairly slowly. So now thats the limit of my knowledge - any ideas please?!

Sponsored Links
If the drum turns freely by hand, then re-check that the brushes are seated correctly & do not arc excessively during motor run.

thanks ever so for your reply. have just checked the brushes and look OK I think, they are touching the copper wires. The drum turns OK by hand, the machine works through its cycle now, but when it gets to spin it turns faster but then I hear a high pitched noise of the motor but the drum doesn't turn very fast at all. So I think the motor is OK. The belt isn't loose but not sure how to tell if its slipping. It goes 'ping' if I pluck it and moves up and down about an inch in total.

Anymore ideas?

Many thanks,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back