Potterton boiler circuit board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
yesterday the plumber came to 'fix' the boiler. he said it was due to lack of pressure. today it's gone again. i've noticed that if i push the control panel the lights come on, but then go out again. could it just be a loose wire somewhere? what can i do.

Sponsored Links
Common fault on some of the older models, where the various ****ey PCBs plug in on edge connectors and you get stressed and burnt solder joints. When you flex the panel they temporarily remake the connection, but the arcing will eventually cause total failure.

You haven't told us which Potty boiler, they made 100s. Mostly cr*p over the last 15 yrs.

If you are not handy with a soldering iron you need a gas fitter. CET Watford do a range of reasonably priced repaired exchange boards.

Or, if it is over 12yrs old, you would be best advised to buy a new boiler.

thanks it's a combi 80. i suppose it's about 8 years old. it goes wrong yearly.

would another plumber have to replace the whole board?

Sponsored Links
Combi 80 boards suffer badly from broken solder joints. If your heating engineer is competent in soldering he may well repair it otherwise a new board is around £100 and a recon about half that. Although your boiler has several design faults they are very robust and easy to repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back