suprima 60 dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a Suprima 60 that has stopped doing anything. The red LED is on constantly, but the green one isn\\\'t. The reset button does not do anything either.

Switching HW or CH on does not trigger any reaction from the boiler. It was fine until two days ago when my kettle exploded and tripped all the downstairs sockets - after that, nothing.

I had a quick look at the pcb and could see no obvious damage (I had it replaced last year and the old one had a big black burn mark across it.)

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I've checked the fuse and it's OK. Shame, I thought that was going to be easy!

Sponsored Links
Get a CORGI engineer to work on it!
Whatever it is, the case has got to come off - so anyone else will be breaking the Law.

Just to be a total pedant Croyden you dont have to dismantle the combustion chamber to get to the PCB ergo you dont have to be CORGI to repair it

corgiman said:
Just to be a total pedant Croyden you dont have to dismantle the combustion chamber to get to the PCB ergo you dont have to be CORGI to repair it

I beg to differ. The whole boiler is a gas appliance and therefore you do have to be CORGI reg'd to work on it.

Both dead right, but if you phone corgi they fudge the whole thing. PCB DOES interact with safety circuits so it's verboten, but they would permit say pump replacement in a combi. Farcical.

Mmmmmmmmmm.............fudge.
homer_mmm.gif

i'm not a plumber :D but i had a similar problem myself.red light on means power is there but perhaps the boiler is "locked" out .i got the sparks round who wired it up and all he did was to disconnect the power supply for 2 minutes and then reset,hey presto :D :D :D :D

That's common with **($"@?>! suprimas too. Sometimes takes a dozen goes. Can be the pump sticking though - the board checks it somehow - must draw the cct to find out how!

called the fudge factory today (CORGI) as, as per usual, CHRIS "the guru" R is totally spot on

they said

"an non competent person can work on any part of the boiler so long as the part DOESNOT have anything to do with the operation or safety on the appliance"

Paint me brown and call me stupid but that pretty much states that NOTHING on a central heating system should be touched by a non corgi person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as every thing, fuses, valves, stats, pumps the whole kit and kaboodle "operates" an appliance.

thats as farcical as the ACS training I just attended when I was told that a 4mbr drop is permissable when there is no detectable smell of gas, then the trainer says "but if you down and it goes pear shaped you will, of course get the blame so I would say that no drop is allowed"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

they do my head in they really do

The regs more or less state that anything intended to be used with gas may not be touched unless a you're a member of corgi. So any van driver delivering copper pipe or gas fittings want's to be carefull or they'll end up in hot water! Also the rest of you better not be using gas cookers or boilers unless you're registered or I'll report you to the health and safety executive.

you are all missing the point the poor chaps boiler is still not working. well you have to look harder, is there a live to the switch live terminal? probably not! it sounds like you have an external fault. the red neon just indicates that you have a permanent live to the boiler. i love you "diy'ers" need more help i will talk you through it all, how the hell i got here when i was looking for my marbles i'll never know, any one seen them? :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back