Worcester 28cdi intermittent hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My Worcester 28cdi has recently developed a problem. Hot water runs hot and cold, when first called it heats up nicely and runs for a few minutes before running cold for 10 - 20 seconds before warming up again for a minute or so before going cold again and so on. Whilst this is happening the DHW indicator light is constantly on whilst the burner indicator goes off 10 - 20 seconds then comes back on. The pressure has recently gone over 4, this is a new development, but I'm not sure if this is coincidental or an indication of the problem. Had a gas safety inspection recently and was advised that the pressure shouldn't be that high but nothing was done about it.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
... I forgot to add that my radiators are getting warm even when the CHW is switched off. Also that the hot water issue also occurs when the CHW is on.

Thanks

Possible partially blocked plate heat exchanger or faulty sensor.

If heating flow pipe out of boiler is getting hot as water is being drawn this could be a faulty divertor or the plateheat exchanger is that blocked the heated water is forcing it`s self past the divertor seals.

IF it is after demand it is just the boiler getting rid of heat

Thanks for that.

Have had a quick look at the service manual. It mentions a water to water heat exchanger is this the part I need to clean?

Sponsored Links
gairs_e said:
Hi,
Had a gas safety inspection recently and was advised that the pressure shouldn't be that high but nothing was done about it.

Must have been a cowboy to leave it in that state then, or did you not allow repairs to be carried out?.

Have you left the white filling loop key in place under the boiler - it should always be removed after topping up the pressure.

This pile of junk is a bastard to work on - not really for the diy, I don't even touch them, can do without the agro.

Call out Worcester on a fixed price repair. It appears the diverter may be sticking, the plate could be clogged and pressurising the system.

sounds like ya diverter to me, does it make a difference how fast ya run the water? if it is ya diverter can be quite time consuming!! thats prob why ya gas man ignored the faults :rolleyes:

I wasn't there but it was just a gas safety inspection on behalf of the landlords so probably didn't want to undertake without getting payment confirmation first.

The key isn't in.

No difference with changing the water temp setting or how fast the water is run.

Will just get the landlords to get it sorted then, would have given it a go if fairly easy as it would have been quicker.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back