Radiator not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know there are loads of topics on this already but it is difficult to extract the relevant 'bits' to my circumstance so here goes:

My friends living room radiator hadn't been working for some time, I have done a little plumbing so we decided to give it a go.

The radiator needed to be rehung so we removed it, cleaned it out with a hose, injected inhibitor and reconnected it all. This radiator now works fine as do all the others except one.

The radiator in his bathroom now does not work, this is at the opposite end of the pipe run to the living room rad and it was fine before. The radiators are all on the same floor within his flat. It is difficult to know for sure, due to the location of all the pipework, but it looks like the pipework to the bathroom radiator is on its own loop, teed off from the heating feed and return to the boiler (gas Combi made by Ravenheat, model is either LS 80 or LS 100). It should also be pointed out that the pipework does not all run at the same level but goes up and over doorways. The pipework to the bathroom rad is completely cold, no sign of hot water flowing to it at all.

So far I have tried turning off all the other rads, just leaving the bathroom one on but with no luck. All rads have been bled and then bled some more, there doesn't 'appear' to be any air in the system.

Any ideas on what may be causing this would be appreciated. And solutions would be appreciated even more.

Sponsored Links
It is possible you have a air lock near the bathroom radiator, the best way to fix this would to be taking the bathroom rad of and letting the valves run into a hose or bucket do this at full presasure this should get rid of the air , as the vent in the rad would be to small to shift any air lock there might be.
Another fault could be the valves the bathroom rad should not really have a trv on it but if it has the pin might be jamed, the best way to chech this remove the valve head and see if the exposed pin gose in and out if it dose not there just gentley push it untill it releases

Thanks for the advice. Cracking the nut to the rad's inlet whilst all other rad's were off seemed to free up the circulation to that rad. Afterwards, a bit of tinkering with the balancing seems to have resolved the problem.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back