Installing out side lights on own circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Need a little help under standing what is involved in putting two pir's on front door with switch, and one at the back door with it's own switch all feed from fuse box,

Cheers

Mini1961

ps on another point is there any recomended height to install a socket for fcu for integral applinces, ie dishwasher, tumble, these would be under work surface,
Ta

Sponsored Links
If ya puttem' on a switch, some bozo will keep turning em off ...... People are like that ....... Even if you wired the switch inside a Bank vault, they would drill their way in to turn it off ....... :evil:

Do you mean PIR's as part of an alarm system or PIR controlled lights?

I like to have an unswitched socket under the bench for easy removal of appliances and, except for fridges and freezers, a switch above the bench.

Edit: I've just spotted your subject line. :oops: :oops: For lights you will want switches so that you can turn the things on and off. Note that a lot of them can be persuaded to come on permanently by switching off then on again within a few seconds. Switching off for more than ten seconds resets them to PIR mode.

I would always wire these things either from their own fuse or as spurs on a ring. Use a switched FCU with neon so that you can see that they are switched on. You can put two on the same switch if you like. Even if they have their own fuse in the CU I would still use FCU's. That way, when one of those lights blows its local fuse it won't disable the others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back