Ideal Mini c24 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Mini C24 appears to have developed an intermittent fault recently. Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions before I call an engineer...

Basically it will run for either DHW or CH for a short period of time and then the flame appears to go out. The boiler then sounds as if it is trying to start back up again in a cycle, but doesn't fire up.

If its then left unused for a long period of time, i.e. over night, it will be ok again in the morning for a while and then return to the same problem. While cycling to ignite, the green operation lamp flashes faster than during normal operation.

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Can you run DHW and tell me what temperature it goes up to?

I assume the pressure is about 1.5 bar?

And the black test tubes on the top surface at left are both blocked?

Tony

I have checked and both pipes on the top are blocked.

With a hot tap open and boiler in a running state the temp goes up to around 60deg and the pressure sits at 0.8.

These were the readings from a little while ago when it was running ok. But just tried again now and its gone straight into the trying to start up cycling again!.

Sponsored Links
I have checked and both pipes on the top are blocked.

With a hot tap open and boiler in a running state the temp goes up to around 60deg and the pressure sits at 0.8.

These were the readings from a little while ago when it was running ok. But just tried again now and its gone straight into the trying to start up cycling again!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back