Water Tanks Overflowing

Sponsored Links
you must replace the cylinder before adding any chemicals.

When the boiler is running the overflow rate of the small tank increases due to the water level rising, as it happens when the boiler is operational is this a sure sign that the cylinder is faulty?

The overflow rate increases because the boiler is heating up the water. As it heats it expands and rises up the feed/expansion pipe. The clue is in the name given to the pipe. This has no bearing on JohnD's diagnosis with which I agree completely.

Here's another question. Have a close look at those mixer taps. Mains fed mixers, as used in kitchens, have two holes in the end of the spout, one each for hot and cold. They aren't really mixers at all. Does the bathroom mixer also have two holes? A single hole mixer should not have tank fed hot and mains fed cold.

you won't get much change out of £500 and cylinder changes now come under part L regs
unless you pic a cowboy plumber who don't have L regs cert

Sponsored Links
Typical, I used to have a British Gas Homecare service agreement that I canceled in May of this year. I had it for five years and never claimed, it seemed a waste of money at the time so I canceled it, oh how I wish I still had it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back