potterton profile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please. My potterton profile will not fire up. The problem is I am getting no supply from the PCB to the main gas valve, Pump runs- Fan runs - spark ignights the pilot - pilot stays alight. I have checked the function of the main gas valve by piggybacking suply from the pilot gas valve and the boiler fires up and operates OK but this leaves the main gas valve permenatly open. so bad idea. I have changed PCB but problem still exists. Any ideas?
thanx

Sponsored Links
Does it continue to spark with pilot alight?

Sponsored Links
Yup it still sparks with pilot on

check the HT spade connector on the board is nice and tight they can become lose when changing PCB. Failing that if the pilot is a nice size then change the ht lead

If I was you I would check the polarity at the power supply to the boiler :idea:
and then kick yourself for wasting £140 on a new board.

Stan

Thaks to all those who posted ideas for a fix
the problem turned out to be flame rectification.
The pilot flame was not big enough to carry the voltage input to the PCB which inturn gives the supply to open the main gas valve, a bit of jetting and all is well.

We knew what the problem was!

A professional would immediately have seen that the pilot flame was undersized.

Rob would save his time by measuring continuity from electrode tip to the PCB.

Tony

As Agile told you weeks ago its dead easy fault .. OH funny Agile does not relpy till guy says it fixed .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back