Mushroom compost for lawn dressing?

Sponsored Links
it answered the question, you didnt ask why!!!

its horrible stuff that is so fine that it goes very claggy and does not do the job.

Sponsored Links
believe it or not you cant grow mushrooms in mushroom compost

Mushroom compost can be made with chicken manure . Its also very Alkyline. The compost is generally supplied in bales about 18" x 24" x 6" deep which are laid on shelves and Touching. A layer of peat [casing] mixed with lime is spread over the top about 2" deep and the spores are sown. When the mushrooms are past peak cropping, the whole lot is emptied and disposed of.

Muchroom compost if not old can be 'hot' not in the temperature sense but can be so rich as to 'burn seedlings etc.

Best use for Mushroom compost is to spread it on the soil in autumn and fork it in as a soil conditioner. [but not where you intend to grow root veg.] Generally you should get a decent crop of mushrooms coming from it, enough to equate to the cost of the compost!

Cant beat a mushroom fresh off the bed. Lovely!

i can get a bag of top dressing from my turf supplier for £65, or £50 loose.

matbe i should be selling it and not laying it! :cry:

ah, but what about the quality of the plastic for the bag, that must be why the difference :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back