Digistat - Worcester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a combi boiler, with a wireless Worcester Digistat thermostat. The signal between the Digistat and the boiler is fine - i.e. I can turn the heating on and off and use the timer.

The fault is with the Digistat - the thermostat pert of it does not seem to be working - i.e. set temp to 21 but the heating never turns off and the house gets hotter and hotter. Basically, without the thermostat, it is just an ON/OFF switch.

My question is, can I buy a new Digistat to communicate with the card in the boiler, and how do I know which Digistat to buy? Oh yes and where can I get one from!

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Your post is a little confusing but I think you mean that the boiler clock and RF receiver functions correctly, but the RF thermostat doesn't.

These products are known to be a bit flakey, being based on the old fashioned Drayton RF controls. The first thing you should do is attempt to replace the batteries in the order described in the manual, and re-bind the radio link.

If this doesn't work, check when your boiler was installed. If it is less than 2 years ago (or considerably longer if we installed it :LOL: ) Bosch should have it covered under their warranty. Assuming you have had the boiler serviced on its first anniversary and the installer was bona fide.

Otherwise, it is a complete new part (clock and transmitter).... :cry:

Hi,

Thanks for your post and apologies for my confusing one!

Yes, you are right - the the boiler clock and RF receiver functions correctly, but the RF thermostat doesn't.

I have replaced the batteries and re-linked thr radio - same result. The radio signal works, but the thrmostat does not.

The boiler was installed by the previous owners, however I know it is more than two years old.

When you say a whole new part, do I just have to buy the handheld digistat device, or do I need to buy the receiver part that is in the boiler? I was thinking (hoping!) that as the radio communication works, I would just be able to replace the handheld device?

Is this the case and, if so, how do I know which is the correct one to buy? I have had a look around and there are lots of models?

Help!

Cheers! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back