3 Port Valve Replacement Required?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a old ACL Lifestyle (ACL Drayton) 3 port valve that has started to get stuck in the "W" (Water) Position.

This means the house is cold!javascript:emoticon (':eek:')
Shocked

I can manually push the valve to either the "M" (Mid) or "H" (Heating) position and everything works fine, until the room stat says that it is up to temperature and the valve returns to "W". If room stat comes back in, the valve will not return to the "H" position, until I push the valve to the "M" position and then it will take itself the rest of the way.

Stat appears to be working correctly, tested it with a meter.

Main question is: do people think the valve has had it? Or is it just the motor (Cheaper fix!)
If the valve needs replacing, can I just replace the top unit with a new "push on" type? Such as the "ACL Drayton (Invensys) MA1/679-3 Mid-Position Motorised Valve".

If it can, any ideas how to get the old none push on type off the valve?

Thanks,
Toad javascript:emoticon(':D')
Very Happy

Sponsored Links
if you having to push it over I would say its knackered, and you may have a sludge problem

Just change the whole thing

:)

I think that the old type has to be renewed whole.

If the motor is working then its not faulty.

If you can get the head off then the shaft may be partly seized. You might be able to free it with WD40 but it may not last very long.

Tony

I think that the old type has to be renewed whole.

If the motor is working then its not faulty.

If you can get the head off then the shaft may be partly seized. You might be able to free it with WD40 but it may not last very long.

Tony

you cant remove the head on them tony but the motors change be change

not that its the problem here anyway

also why should the woman in SL mean owt to me??

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, looks like I'll change the whole valve.

Probably a stupid question, do I have to drain the system down to change it or are there any tricks?

There does not appear to be any drain points around the valve (Other than removing the pump below, which sounds like asking for trouble if I remove that!)

Thanks for the advice, looks like I'll change the whole valve.

Probably a stupid question, do I have to drain the system down to change it or are there any tricks?

There does not appear to be any drain points around the valve (Other than removing the pump below, which sounds like asking for trouble if I remove that!)

no tricks just drain it from any drain off (usually on the ground floor)

sorry

The whole system?
Including turning the boiler off
(The old boiler that might not fire again!)

Thanks for the advice Corgiman, will aim to remove the evidence!

The whole system?
Including turning the boiler off
(The old boiler that might not fire again!)

Thanks for the advice Corgiman, will aim to remove the evidence!

dont forget to turn off the pilot as well

well the maybe not the whole system just to under where your valve is

And dam right remove the evidence :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back