Chasing for wall mount bath taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the noob question...

Just pulled off the plasterboard from my bath area and am contemplating having wall mount taps whilst I am there. Would there be enough room with batten/board behind for the pipework, or should I chase out some of the block to accomodate?

Also, in this situation where I have a gravity fed system. What solutions are there for power shower/pump? Seen lots of loft ones, but that means running pipework up, then back down again....seems strange....am I being dumb?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Sponsored Links
marky,

Its hard to say if there's enough room behind the plasterboard without some explanation. For instance, what gap have you got at the moment? Deep, Wide, length? We can give a better reply once we have more details... Pictures and dimensions are even better ;)

I would recommend you use marine ply to mount the taps to. Unless you are planning to brace the pipework to the wall in some way but even then I like to use marine ply. I say marine ply because you'll only end up regretting it if you use anything inferior as any water penetration will quickly ruin anything less. You cannot just mount them onto the new plasterboard as it will not take the weight or even the strain of just turning the taps on and off.

Area is about a metre wide with about 2cm clearance from the board (unless I bring it out). Can I channel into the block for the pipe and screw some ply onto the block before I board over?

Sponsored Links
bathroom.JPG

I have a bare wall now and am looking for a pump solution. I like the Grohe one with water fill from waste, but I need a pump, and where do I put it?

Any suggestions on a pumped solution for shower and bath would be much appreciated

Cheers,

Mark

>Can I channel into the block for the pipe

just remember the thickness of the board and tiles etc so you don't fix the mixer to deep.

As I understand it the Grohe 2000 will work on gravity systems OK, but when looking at the talentofill it says HP only....

Can anyone say if this filler will work on a gravity system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back