OUTSIDE DRAIN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am relocation my washing machine to a wall which is too far to plumb/drain to. basically there is nowhere for the waste water from the w/m to go to. I have been told that the option is to install a new drain outside. anyone know what this involves and how much it\\\'d cost and do I need planning permission to get a new drain put in .. someone please advise ... i\\\'m getting really stressed out with building dilemmas and we haven\\\'t even started anything yet !!!!

Sponsored Links
or you might consider putting the washing machine in a more sensible place :rolleyes: If you tell me "that's not an option" I won't believe you.

You can post a diagram of your house showing rooms, drains, and places where a washing machine might be put, if you'd like help.

You need to get it approved by BCO who will relieve you of a few quid.

I would think you are talking a few hundred $$$ for a new drain to be installed. :(

I am relocation my washing machine to a wall which is too far to plumb/drain to.

Who told you that ?

Is there a pipe shortage ?

You can put what ya want where ya want.... The Question is "Can I afford that" :eek:

Sponsored Links
I am amazed at the speed of your responses .. wow and thanks !!!

anyway ... yes the sensible option would be to put the w/m somewhere else .. however it has been relocated as I have had a kitchen designed (and am paying big bucks for it). anyway kitchen design is based on new french doors in kitchen and thus only place for w/m was on that wall. so my only options are to redesogn kitchen, which means i can't have my french doors (eventually into future conservatory) where i want them or to get drain put in outside near that wall.

apparently the plumbing would have to go across the french doors or outside and is too far to go round back of the house and then around the side where the other drainpipes end up.

what sort of work is involved and how much am i looking at ......

What sort of work is involved and how much am i looking at ?

A lot of digging and guessing at maybe £500 bill.

Get quotes and phone BCO for advice. :D

draw us a picture

p.s. what sort of idiot kitchen designer puts a w/m where it can't be used?
:rolleyes:
Are you paying for this design?

the point is that I want this particluar design .. the w/m couldn't be placed anywhere else due to a wider opening (to be done yet) being installed .. so lost a bit of wall space for units/appliances .. not the designers fault ....

anyway ... i think getting a drain is the only option .. if it was just about installing a w/m then i wouldn't do it but it's about a whole new kitchen and a new opening for french doors which will eventually lead into a conservatory (to be arranged)

don't see how drawing would help as would have to pinpoint where pipes are currently and as i said before it means going across a door opening of about 1500 - 1600mm.

£500 when you're spending £20k in context isn't much

so will expect quotes of around £500 for this work .. was that purely labour or plus matls ?

Its really tricky to budget a accurate price based on a conversation.... Ya never know some smarty pants might come up with a £50 fix :)

This I can tell you ....... Digging is hard work...... I've never met anyone that actually likes doing it ...... Thus its expensive ....... So I'd do that bit myself, its now just a case of knowing what to dig & where ...... Probably & by how much..... & if at all possible use a bobcat :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back