Painting pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! Can any one suggest a paint that will give a chrome effect to waste pipes from a sink?

I have a nice new sink with a nice chrome waste trap / bottle trap but then it goes into a not so lovely plastic pipe. Is there any paint that can be used to give it a chrome effect?

I assume that it will have to be a spray paint but I was just checking if anyone had used such paints before and if it works? Or do you end up with paint that comes off after a few weeks?

Any help appreciated. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
SarahHaugh said:
I have a nice new sink with a nice chrome waste trap / bottle trap but then it goes into a not so lovely plastic pipe. Is there any paint that can be used to give it a chrome effect?
You can buy chrome waste pipe, won't be cheap though............

I believe "Plastikote" paint comes in a chrome effect. There are probably other brands as well. This comes in an aerosol can (spray paint) and is reasonably priced (depending on where you buy it :D )

You will need to read the instructions on the can with respect to primers, and best try it on a scrap piece of pipe first.

I doubt that the effect will be perfect, but if you take your time and are careful you should be able to avoid paint runs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back