How to restrict door opening angle on interior pine door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys wonder if you can help me.

I am planning a new bathroom and wish to place a shower bath on the same wall as my door frame. The door opens out towards the bath and I would like to restrict its opening so that it does not bash into the shower screen - opening to about 100 degrees(there are numeous reasons I don't want to hang the door on the otherside)

The door opens straight onto a couple of steps down in to the bathroom and therefore there is about a foot between the floor and bottom of the door so a door stop on the floor is not an option.

The door is an original stripped pine door, is there anything I can use to restrict it's opening angle?

I would really appreciate any advice you have though don't get to technical please I am a complete novice!

Many thanks

Yorkshirelass x

Sponsored Links
Door_Stops_Dtl19983.jpg

Hi Thanks for your replies. Breezer, is that attached to the floor? If so no good - see my first post, the door hangs over steps down into the room so about a foot off the floor.

Check strap sounds interesting but when I google it I can only find references to car doors. Will do more researvh - Thanks x

Sponsored Links
the check strap is often used on vehicle doors but you can use it on any hinged door. If you find a picture of a check strap on a car door you will see how to do it.

You can also get a curved metal version that would have to fasten to the top of the door and the doorframe. This is more common on windows where I think it is called an opening restrictor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back