BAXI Combi 105e NO HOT WATER ALL OF A SUDDEN!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Up until Friday my hot water was working fine, come Saturday hot water is running from the bath tap but not the sink or the koitchen sink!!! My central heating is working fine, if I turn it to "hot water & heating" tepid water will run for about 3 seconds but the hot water light on the boiler does not light up. I was waiting for this to happen because in the last week my hoover and washer have died - I was waiting for the third!! I have 2 young children and 1 messy husband - I need hot water!! my husband think it's a problem with the plumbing but I think it's with the boiler - can anyone help, we would be extremely grateful (especially my mother who is going to get all my washing once the washer is fixed tomororw because I can't wash without hot water!!!)

Extremely grateful.

Nicola and family

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a prob with flow switch diaphragm. Quite common on these
mother who is going to get all my washing once the washer is fixed tomororw because I can't wash without hot water!

Yes you can ...... unless you have a twin tub

An automatic will heat the water up to the temperature it requires

So is it easy to fix or do I need to get someone qualified in to do it?

me and my husband are not DIY minded at all!!!!

Many thanks for any help.

Nicola

Its easy if you are DIY minded. If you sometimes use a butter knife as a screwdriver then dont try it
New diaphragm = change out of a tenner

Take cover off and look to 3" brass circular thing facing you on the left.
If you open the hot tap and then pin doesnt move out to activate the microswitch you can be fairly certain that the Diaphragm has perished.

Just a case of water off and open all hot taps, disconnect microswitch [1 screw]
then undo the 6 or is it 8 screws, take a picture as you slowly dismantle the thing so you know how to put it back together. It will tend to go perchioing as the spring pops out. Renew diapragm and re-assemble

Sponsored Links
thanks for that - my husband looks completely blank when I read that out to him, so is this going to be a very expensive job for a plumber??? I worry that the boiler will blow up if I don't get someone "qualified" in to do a job"

Can only speak for myself here. Others may charge more or less.
If I had the info you gave me there and the job was local I would charge £60 if my diagnosis is right. Without that info and / or if theres another problem I might have to go running about for parts and charge more.

If you know a reasonably competent DIYer then the instructions are in the manual. The parts are not 'gas carrying' so although its always recommended to use a corgi; someone who has 'got a clue' should be able to manage it.

There can always be another problem but if you can give the answer to this bit we can be more certain
Take cover off and look to 3" brass circular thing facing you on the left.
If you open the hot tap and then pin [in the centre] doesnt move out to activate the microswitch you can be fairly certain that the Diaphragm has perished.

To get the cover off there are two screws, one at each side to the top of the dark control panel. Undo each screw about 2 turns then you can lift the white front off. Carry on undoing the screws and the bottom panel will tilt forward.

We charge an inclusive £106 in the London area but that includes a service and full performance check and applies to anywhere in our normal operating area which can be up to 20 miles to the north or west.

If the pin is moving then its the switch has failed which is almost as common as the diverter.

Since the DHW pin gland usually leaks after 1-2 years we would normally expect to have to change that as well.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back