Jaguar 24W combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a problem with the PCB on my jaguar boiler. I am struggling to get this part and have tried the plumb centre but this part is obsolete. Any ideas where i can get this replacement part?

Thanks

Kate

Sponsored Links
The PCB is the first part people change when they dont know what the problem is.

I have never needed to change one!

What are the actual fault symptoms?

Tony

Never changed one on a puma Tony? *grin*

I wouldn't have thought a Jag 24 was obsolete, I swear I can remember sales reps trying to get me to fit them.

I only ever remember seeing them in PTS if that helps?

Thinking about it I can only remember 23/28 kw models, might it be you have a 23? not a 24?

Initially it seemed that it was just one of the fuses as it had blown. But replacement of this didnt work... the new fuse also blew out.

I have no hot water/heating at all and the boiler is not even attempting to kick start. There is no error message showing.

Sick of freeze brain!!! :eek:)

Sponsored Links
Jaguars are Plumb Center branded Glow Worms :LOL:

Check you are getting 230V to boiler, then pcb, then to fan terminals.

If the fuse blows then its 95% likely that its the pump which has failed!!! Not the PCB.

Dis the pump and see if it runs normally!

When I said that I had never changed the PCB I meant in this context of a Jaguar!

Of course like everyone else I change Pumas, Suprimas, Baxi 105s, Solos but not many others regularly.

Tony

Well I knew that really!

I have always thought the Jaguar was a very simple neat boiler and would have been very popular if they had been supported by a main sales initiative rather than a sell it cheap in the merchants.

There is only one design flaw and that is the burner pressure is about 15 mB which means the boiler operation is affected if the supply pressure falls below about 19 mB.

Tony

Thanks for all your help guys! I have someone coming in tomorrow and hopefully this will help me sound knowledgable so they dont just try and flog me a new boiler!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back