Central Heating and Gas pipes in concrete floor - what to do

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

I am sure this has been asked many times as there are posts all over the net but they are out of date and not sure what is correct, so here goes:

I am having some plumbing done in the property I have not long since purchased, it has a concrete floor. The combi boiler (Worcester Junior i28) is being moved from one location to under the stairs, with this means two radiators to but on walls either side of the staircase (imagine looking at a staircase side on). This means pipes are required to these radiators which I have channelled out in the concrete to allow for these pipes (corgi registered plumber said this was fine). In one chanel I will have radiator pipes and 22mm protected gas pipe which is going to supply the boiler from the meter located at the front of the house.

Now my question is do I bury the pipes in concrete again or just fit a timber floorboard over the area (this will require more work to cut out enough space for a floor board to fit)…..Help me please! Suggestions welcomed!

Many thanks for your help in advance!

Sponsored Links
hi thanks for the reply.

so its ok to have 2x15mm pipes for a radiator and a 22mm gas pipe in one chanel? wrap in denso tape and then fill with fine concrete?

Cheers all!

Sponsored Links
Denso tape is no longer an approved method of wrapping gas pipe in screed.

Well dont just say that!

Tell him what IS now approved!

Of course his CORGI registed installer ( if he exists ) will be telling him anyway!

Tony

Hi all

thanks for the replies. And yes the corgi registered installer does exist - I rang Corgi to check.

Ok, he has already told me he will be using yellow gas pipe but after last night I took out the small partition under the stairs where I was going to dig out the chanel for the pipes to the boiler/rads and guess what I found - a yellow gas pipe! My guess is that it comes straight off the gas meter into the house and T's off to the kitchen / fire. So I need to give my gas mas a call to see if he will be able to tap into this pipe to get the feed from the boiler as apposed to laying a new pipe?

I still need to dog out for the other radiator pipes though......which will be wrapped in some insulation / denso tape.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back