Baxi 105HE losing pressure and air in system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for advice on the above boiler..... System continuously needs topping up, maybe every few days but towel rad in bathroom needs bleeding dailty to top up..... Cannot see any visible leaks anywhere.

Any ideas?????

many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you have any pipework under concrete floors or floorboards downstairs where the water could be leaking too..... or possible leak inside boiler turn off the two black taps under the boiler which are located on 22mm pipe on either side leave the inner one on 15mm alone. if the pressure drops with these of the leak is in the boiler somewhere

Thanks for that..... Live in a Terrace house where downstairs is concrete floor so all pipework is above surfece......will give turning valves of a try..... Would this explain why the towel rad constantly needs bleeding????

Secondary heat exchanger ?

If this is split/holed you will loose water through it,not always apparent with the boiler off,and unfortunatly when the boiler is running it can be confused with condensate.

Pressurise system to about 3bar,with boiler off see if any water passes into condensate trap.

Or pressurise boiler to about 3bar and isolate at boiler flow and return,leave for 24 hours,if no drop boiler o.k.... :idea:

Sponsored Links
Please advise how to pressurise the above boiler?

We inherited a baxi combi boiler in a new house, having been used to a Worcester Bosch that came with a filling key previously.
Instruction booklet not helpful as states to call a service engineer. But, you always need this info on a Sunday night!
Not immediately obvious looking at the boiler and not very technically minded I'm afraid.

Thx

System continuously needs topping up, maybe every few days

:confused:

Please advise how to pressurise the above boiler?
:confused:

Hello Bax max,

Please can you tell me how to pressurise the system?

We have a 80e/105e baxi combi boiler with no pressure. I know I need more pressure, just don't know what to do to get it!

Thx

Have a look under boiler is there a silver braided hose with one or two taps on it turn the taps on till presssure goes up to say 1.5 and it should be ok , remember and turn taps off though(don`t touch the 3 at the back of boiler)..

If its not there have a look below boiler and it should be conneccted to the right hand pipe somewhere

Namsag,at the opening of this query ade says he is regually topping up boiler :confused: :confused:

And if you look baxmax i was replying to jonnyc123 who hijacked the topic :eek: :eek:

I have the same problem as in the lead of this thread. At first, the boiler was very noisy and thought it was maybe over heat, but of course, it was noisy due to lack of pressure!
Heat Team been out twice now and haven't fixed issue. I can keep calling, as I have cover. Is there anything I can do to look to solve this, please?
Last engineer suggested fitting a descaler on the cold water feed. I can see how this would help to prevent future problems, but can't see how it would solve continual pressure drop.
Same fault - I have to re-pressurise nearly every day and bleed towel rail. I have no experience, but willing to listen!
Thanks

There are a few faults I can think of either you are topping and airing the system whilst it is hot so you fill on the expansion and then when the system is cold it appears to be under presure, or the fault could be a passing prv or a popped or depleted expansion vessel or as previous could be a exchanger fault hope this helps Jordon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back