Water from heating system ....... Nasty black stuff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it hazardous ? ......... Apart from being a real PITA if you spill it

I got it on my hands a few times & it seems to suck all the elasticity outta my skin ....... Or am I just being Girly ;)

Sponsored Links
Is it hazardous ? ......... Apart from being a real PITA if you spill it

I got it on my hands a few times & it seems to suck all the elasticity outta my skin ....... Or am I just being Girly ;)

well be a bit more girly and wear gloves!!!

joking apart I have no idea whether its dangerous but dermetitis is a sod.

Sponsored Links
Very Troo ........ They said that @ the hospital also, when I was having a piece of my anatomy removed from a plastic tundish too ........ Look its a very long story :oops:

John M said:
Is it hazardous ?
In the context of the Water Regulations it's in Fluid Category 3. It shouldn't be allowed into the water course, so the contents of any heating system should be directed into the foul sewer, not onto the garden.

John M said:
Is it hazardous ?
In the context of the Water Regulations it's in Fluid Category 3. It shouldn't be allowed into the water course, so the contents of any heating system should be directed into the foul sewer, not onto the garden.

you got to love the rules... :LOL: yes like to see them in force that one

John M said:
Is it hazardous ?

Ahhhhh Dude ......... C'mon now ..... You know what I meant :confused:

mehran said:
you got to love the rules... :LOL: yes like to see them in force that one
Are you one of those people who only follows rules that they might be caught breaching? Or do you see the point of the rule and make up your own mind that it's for the common good? :rolleyes:

John M said:
You know what I meant
You meant will it hurt you?

Well, if everyone in your road dumps their heating system carp on the garden, and it filters into your local water course, and from there into a stream, and from there into a river or lake that you fish, and you catch a lovely bit of tench and bring it home for yer tea, and you and the missus get an icky stomach, then don't come a-whinging here. :idea:

they could call it "fly draining" where installer sneak out in the dead of the night to drain down someones heating system in to some poor unsuspecting persons garden when no one was looking :eek:

i cant wait till they catch me red handed with a hose in my hand

mehran said:
they could call it "fly draining" where installer sneak out in the dead of the night to drain down someones heating system in to some poor unsuspecting persons garden when no one was looking
Do you have to practise being foolish, or does it come naturally?

i cant wait till they catch me red handed with a hose in my hand
Leaving aside the rather poor quality sarcasm, this comment is typical of a selfish and small-minded attitude, betrayed by the reference to "they", as if you and the authorities are two distinct and independent entities, whereas the reality is that every government agency is there to protect our rights and uphold our quality of life.

here here!
The black stuff is ironoxide residue. Wouldn't worry too much you big blouse!

timbalcombe said:
The black stuff is ironoxide residue.
Eh? Do you mean magnetite, which is an oxide of iron? Not a "residue".

Wouldn't worry too much...
Really? What about the other chemicals that end up in a heating system - cleansers, inhibitors, flux, lead from solder, etc.? And the pesticides leaching from the rotting and suppurating mouse carcasses? All palatable and harmless to you then?

I can't help but wonder why some people post when their contribution is nearer to zero than hero. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back