replacing lead bathroom wastes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing the sink in the bathroom and fitting a bath overflow as the bath just has a large chrome disc the plug chain connects to instead of a overflow :s

The wastes in the bathroom are all lead with soldered brass traps (fortunately the only lead piping in the house are the bathroom waste pipes)

Any tips for replacing the pipes and what wastes traps and overflows to use
Pbp1.jpg

Bath trap
Pbp2.jpg

Stupid broken plug chain thing
Pbp3.jpg

Stupid broken plug chain thing removed
Pbp4.jpg

Sink waste and trap
Pbp6.jpg

Sink waste and trap again
Pbp5.jpg

Where sink is going

Sponsored Links
Macapline for your traps and waste connectors and a vanity waste overflow assembly for your sink I think or change the sink and get the appropriate W/O/A for it.

Sponsored Links
Macapline for your traps and waste connectors and a vanity waste overflow assembly for your sink I think or change the sink and get the appropriate W/O/A for it.

what's Macapline?

Was a sink with a cupboard, but things have been dropped in it and it has cracked/smashed want to replace it with a pedestal and basin

What waste owerflow and traps do i need for the bath and basin? need to replace the lead with PU as on the outside of the house there is dents in it restricting flow and I don't fancy soldering brass traps etc to lead pipe

Go to a plumbers merchants and ask for plastic traps and plastic waste pipe and fittings.

Getting shot of all that lead piping etc will not cost you £20. :D

Looking at the age of these things, I expect the wastes all empty out into a hopper so it should be easy to replace the whole lot with plastic. However, check that the plastic pipes that go outside are stable in sunlight - some of the internal white stuff disintegrates in the sun.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back