Mesh for over a gutter?(whats it called?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I have a gutter against a parapet wall that id like to put some sort of mesh over to keep leaves etc out of there as its not in a very serviceable location.
Whats the name of the stuff im looking for??(bird comb or something~~>?)
Cheers,
Marty.

Sponsored Links
Gutter guard/leaf guard, clips onto the gutter. or if it's an area that won't be seen, just use chicken wire.

great idea, then where do all the leaves go?

do they stick in the wire mesh or just stick on it and acumilate?

reason i say it is becuse i have a timber frame with wire mesh over a fountain, (similar to chicken wire) guess what happens.

this time of year i have to lift it up and "bash it" to get the leaves off

Hi Breezer...yeah i guess leaves will stick to it to some extent(not many trees near it though)...but such is the gutter arrangement this would be a lot easier to clean than if i let the leaves get into the gutter, the gutter is 100mm wide and about 9 inches deep but the slates run across the gutter 50-60mm so there isnt much space to get something in there to clean em out if you know what i mean...it was something i didnt think through properly when i built it..but it will be fine!!

Sponsored Links
Gutter guard gets clogged very easily with leaves and they start appearing over the edge of the gutter. Try and avoid it if you can and just stick some wire above the outlets.

Hi roofline,
you say
just stick some wire above the outlets

Im kind of lost here...my aim is to prevent anything going into the gutter as its the gutter thats hard to clean out!

Cheers,
Marty

Hi roofline,
you say
just stick some wire above the outlets

Im kind of lost here...my aim is to prevent anything going into the gutter as its the gutter thats hard to clean out!

Cheers,
Marty

Yes it seems silly what I said. We installed gutter guard on about 100 houses back on '02. It was a 'free gutter guard on all orders' month. Most of them just had leaves resting on them 12 months later, looked a bit unsightly. We just plug the outlets with mesh now.

You could always try it anyway, see how it goes.

this ebay seller sells gutter guard very cheap btw ;)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Cheers Mate....will have a look...need to put something there as my hands aint as small as they used to be!
Marty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back