DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Shower hose extension

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
drb100

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quote

I have just bought a house which I am renting out to students and I have a logistical problem in the bathroom. The bath is positioned in the corner of the bathroom so that the end with the taps is under a window (the window sill is the same level as the bath). There is a shower attachment coming from the taps, but there is currently nowhere sensible to mount the shower head, as you would normally have it on the wall behind the taps but this is a window!

The solution I have thought of it to get a longer shower hose so that the shower head could be positioned on the side wall about half way down the bath. This way I could put a 'wrap around' shower rail and curtain in the middle of the bath.

The problem is that I cannot find a shower hose that is long enough. The longest I can find is 1.75m and I will need about 2.5m to position the head in a sensible place.

Does anyone know where I can either find a 2.5m hose, or maybe some connector that would join two shorter hoses together? I have looked around on the internet but cannot find anything suitable, but perhaps I am searching for the wrong thing.

Alternatively if you have any other suggestions for a solution to my problem I would be extremely grateful (as would the students who are having sit down showers at the moment!).

Thanks for your help,

Dave
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
haveagoyourself

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:26 pm Reply with quote

Hi Dave.Just put in a search on Google and found quite a few 2 metre shower hoses.

Last edited by haveagoyourself on Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total
 Alert Moderators
m6jdb

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:55 pm Reply with quote

Did you get a result ? I have the same problem and need either a connector or a 3 meter hose
 Alert Moderators
Jake1886

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quote

Ebay seems to be the very place.
 Alert Moderators
m6jdb

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:27 pm Reply with quote

I have actually purchased two 1.5 meter hoses and a chrome compression coupling fitting. I removed the nut and olive from the fitting and joined the two hoses together.
I am well chuffed with the results !

Thanks for the help everyone
 Alert Moderators
muggles

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:09 pm Reply with quote

Just make sure there is no way the shower head can be placed in the basin or toilet as this will contravene water regulations if your shower is fed off the mains/a combi or unvented cylinder
 Alert Moderators
johnnojob

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote

get a plumber in to run a 15mm chromed pipe from the mixer outlet securley clipped to the wall and a fixed head shower outlet.
plumber would need to bring along his bender. icon_eek.gif

students normally break plastic things within a few weeks and do it my way the shower will never fall outside the bath and flood your rooms.

ps the shower needs to be thermostically controlled or on a circuit where there are no quick rises in temperature.

been there done it .
 Alert Moderators
DirectStoreUK

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quote

You can just get a 2.5meter shower hose (No extensions required). Its Just one Long Shower Hose.

Its chrome plate stainless steel with universal connection. Search online for 2.5meter shower hose.

Last edited by DirectStoreUK on Thu May 05, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total
The following user says thank you to DirectStoreUK for this useful post:
kellys90049 (2 Nov 2011)
 Alert Moderators
seco services

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote

Is your service as slow as your reply ?
 Alert Moderators
Charnwood

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote

Is blatant advertising allowed?
 Alert Moderators
seco services

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote

Charnwood wrote:
Is blatant advertising allowed?

No the mods will soon dispose of him. icon_wink.gif
 Alert Moderators
lovecas09

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:05 am Reply with quote

I can't find long shower hose for your need but i like the recommendation of joining shower hoses.You will be needing some help to bring them together.Your solution of having longer hose is much good for flexible used.

mysteryman

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:43 am Reply with quote

I can't really see a problem with a merchant offering a specific solution to a problem.

Shower hose fittings are almost always 1/2 inch BSP, so a short nipple or the body of a compression union will connect two hoses together.
 Alert Moderators
kellys90049

from United States of America

United States of America

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:02 am Reply with quote

I finaly found 100 in 2.5m long shower hose http://www.amazon.com/Inox-Stainless-Steel-Shower-Hose-Extension/dp/B005KWCHFO for my grandpa. icon_cool.gif icon_cool.gif icon_lol.gif he could no longer walk and always on wheel chair. usually we will carry him into bathtub one or twice a week for showering. the long extension hose had make our job easy with grandpa. i got it on amazon. they also provided free shiping. it was nice quality hose, u can tell it is much better compared to retail store (cost properly 2 to 3 times higher the price)...the hose is wrapped with a strong cotton nylon cloth, i thought i was interesting....i googgle and found out it was for durablity....usually for high end bathroom products only. the hose's water pressure was awesome too! grandpa now wants to do shower every day since he can hold hose himseld and wanna shower privately....lol..we said grandpa who cares! icon_smile.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif we loved to give u a bath. lol...you will be happy with the hose....trust me.....highly recommended..also cannot go wrong with the low price compared to retail store!!! never buy from retail store again..amazon or ebay are my best shopings place now.....
 Alert Moderators
zbnet

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote

m6jdb wrote:
I have actually purchased two 1.5 meter hoses and a chrome compression coupling fitting. I removed the nut and olive from the fitting and joined the two hoses together.
I am well chuffed with the results !

I'm wanting to do the same - but I can't find a compression joint that has two 1/2" tap conectors. They do 15mm to 15mm, and 15mm to 1/2", but not 1/2" to 1/2".
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: