Help created hole in pipe!

tej

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Was taking skiring boards off last night and in the process i made a small hole in the system.

I thought id turned off the central heating valves there are 2 located at the bottom.

I drained the radiator system but the pressure dropped. But when i repressurised it started to leak again as the water must have gone in the pipe

if the valve was closed would the repressurising cause water to go through the pipes.

ps. i looked manual but no joy i wanted to know which way would be close? i did it with a spanner

Stressing now! pressure was 0.1 this morning!

HELP!

Sponsored Links
Don't really follow :confused: First thing you need to do is fix the hole :eek: Then re-fill the system :rolleyes:

i might not be able to do that till weekend as i might have to get someone

So in the meantime i wanted to stop water going into the central heating system. but keep the hot water running

so as a temp stop to the leak will turning the central heating valves allow me to repreussrise the system for the hot water

hope this is clear

???

Only if the boiler has a built in filling loop that is boiler side of the ch isolating valves.

Sponsored Links
its a vokera boiler linea 24

theres a seperate lever for filling the system.

and theres 2 on the left which are for central heating flow

whats a good temporary fix for this?

NO!! Heating system must be filled to make the boiler work!!!

There is no temporary fix!!

Fix the leak and then pressurise your system.

Help is in the PLUMBING TIPS section above. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back