servis washing machine won't spin half or heavy loads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my Servis washer dryer, will not spin half loads, nor will it spin heavy loads such as towels. it does however spin full normal loads. are these things fixable by myself?

Sponsored Links
not familar with your m/c but it could be several things (listed in probability)

worn motor brushes
loose belt
motor giveing up,
motor control board

thanks, are these things which i could replace myself? or is a plumber needed or will repair be Uneconomic?

as you do not know what they are (sorry) i would suggest you call a servis service engineer NOT a plumber.

as for uneconomic dont know call out charge of servis,
under 5 probably worth repair
if over 5 maybe worth repair
6 years + get new one

(preferably just a washer)

Sponsored Links
thanks i am probably being a bit ambitious thinking i can fix these things myself, but i have just fixed my own central heating and am now on a roll. thansk for your advice.

as i said depends on its age, unplug it a see if the belt is loose

What part of the country are you in?

I am in SW London and had a similar problem with my Servis machine a couple of weeks ago. I picked an engineer out of Yellow Pages who diagnosed the problem over the phone and came the next day and fixed it.

He charged £40 labour which I would imagine is much less than a Servis engineer would charge. Thats the problem with these cheap machines - when things start going wrong it very soon becomes uneconomical to repair them.

Let us know how you get on.

I'm in Manchester, i'll have a look in my local yellow pages. what was the diagnosis on your?

Ahh my home town :)

I am working in the Smoke at the moment and the engineer I used was in the Twickenham area. He diagnosed the fault as the tacho - apparently this controls the speed of the motor. Part cost around £30 + labour of course. Took him around 2 mins to replace!!!

If you are in North Mcr then I do know of a company who have repaired a tumble dryer for a friend of mine. Cant remember their name but got them from YP too. They are on Moston Lane between the Ben Brierley and the Bluebell if that is any help?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back