Don't know house alarm code.....help !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've recently moved house and found that i don't have the code for the house alarm and neither does the previous owner (he never used it!).
Is there any way that you know of where i can overide it and reset it somehow.
The alarm is a "C&K Securitech Active 5" unit.
Many thanks Carl

Sponsored Links
iirc it is usully possible to completely reset an alarm to factory settings, the trouble is you will need the engineers manual and some alarm experiance to reprogram it after doing so.

Thanks for your reply plugwash. I do have the engineers manual and it does say about resetting it, the only thing is that it then says that i would have to call the manufacturer to complete the reset and i don't want to have to pay them to come along and push a button. Is this the normal way to do things and what would be a common charge (if any!) to complete the reset.
I am worried because at the moment the alarm sounds if the power is switched off and i wouldn't be able to disable it in the event of a power cut.
thanks.

that does not sound right, about calling the maker.

try lookinhg in the manual for defaulting or lost codes

or post what it exactly says

Sponsored Links
Ah Ha, Just found another bit in the manual about placing a small jumper link onto another position on the main pcb and removing the batteries and the power. This seems more reasonable and no need to contact the manufacturer.
Only one problem though, will the alarm sound if i remove the cover because of "tamper" operation?
I had better wait until the wife has gone out to do it (and the neighbours) just in case !!!!

yes unfortunately there is a good chance of setting off the alarm by opening the cover.

also if you remove both battery and mains you will most likely make the external sounder go off on it's own battery.

I am worried because at the moment the alarm sounds if the power is switched off and i wouldn't be able to disable it in the event of a power cut.

It shouldn't do this. Your backup battery is flat. :( :( :(

Just found another bit in the manual about placing a small jumper link onto another position on the main pcb and removing the batteries and the power.

That jumper will be to clear the memory.

Only one problem though, will the alarm sound if i remove the cover because of "tamper" operation?

Most alarms have a tamper switch on the box that sets an alarm off when you open it. If the alarm isn't armed at the time this will probably be no more than a small internal beeper. It sounds like you've got a self activating bell. This is what goes off when you switch the power off. As soon as you get the code back to its default setting (1234?) you can restore power and reset the alarm. This will silence the SAB.

Intergalactic Feline, am I missing something big here??

How do you know he has a SAB or that the BUB is flat??

How do you know he has a SAB or that the BUB is flat??

The honest answer is that I don't. I was in a hurry so I made an intelligent guess, which might turn out to be wrong. I made the reasonable assumption that an alarm with a backup battery shouldn't go off during a power cut. It should continue to work as if nothing was wrong for as long as the battery holds up.

Since this alarm does go off when mains power is removed it follows that the backup battery is flat (or missing). With no mains power and no backup battery either, the only thing left to make a noise would be an SAB.

You're absolutely right Space Cat. I do have a SAB and my back-up battery only measured 6V when it should have been 12V.
I have now managed to reset to the factory default code and then change it to my own choice, i apologised to the neghbours afterwards as the SAB did indeed sound for a while when i had the main box open to reset the code.

Thanks for your help.
Carl

You're welcome. Since you have a manual for your alarm, might I suggest that you 'pay it forward'. Check the sticky "Alarm manuals" thread and, if yours isn't there already, put yourself down as a useful source of information. :) :) :)

Of course, all information is useful especially if its free !
Not sure how to do it yet, but i'll sort it out soon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back