Yellow/brown mushrooms suddenly appeared!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Over the last few days (yes, that quickly!) I've had three patches of yellow/brown mushrooms appear at the bottom of my garden.

I've only been in the house 9 months so not sure if it's a regular thing but they're quite scary-looking.

Should I be worried? Do I need to do anything?

Cheers for any help.

Simon

Sponsored Links
photo please

would you call them honey coloured?

Was there a dead tree or roots there?

Hi John,

Thanks for replying - I've not got my camera at home with me unfortunately so can't take a picture - will try with my phone!

Yes, they could be honey coloured. Not sure about the tree trunk - certainly not in the time I've lived here.

Simon

Sponsored Links
Photos:

Photo0123.jpg

Photo0124.jpg

They look like mini American pancakes ;)

they look to be at the edge of the lawn and path, unlikely to do any harm but you can knock the tops off if you like.

I still think they might be a form on honey fungus, mostly they live on dead wood but if you had trees or shrubs roots nearby you might want to look at the RHS site and consider treatment.

At least one variety lives in the ground on dead roots and will infect a new tree if its roots grow into the infected area, and kill the tree (I had this). You eventually see the "mushrooms" growing at the base of the dead tree and in the ground above its main roots.

Hi John,

Yep - they are right on the edge of the garden next to some huge wooden sleepers that were left from the previous occupants (why, I have no idea!)

I will knock the heads of and see what happens next.

Thanks for your help.

Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back