Bathroom:main lights on dimmer with low voltage inset lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, :D
I've fitted a dimmable pull switch in my bathroom which works a treat but I'd also like to fit some low voltage LED lights also. I'd like them to be operated via the same pull switch as the main lights, so the main lights can be dimmed down to leave just the LEDs on. The dimmer is from screwfix, the only one they do. It has 4 connections; an N and L on the IN side and a N and a symbol on the LOAD side. Currently, the switched supply to the lights is across the L on the IN side and the symbol on the LOAD side. Can I use this switch to operate the LED transformer without having to use a relay ? If so, can anyone advise how I should connect it up please ?
Any help much appreciated. :p
Regards,
PJ.

Sponsored Links
To do what u want to do (dim only the main lights and leave the spots on) would require a relay in the setup, otherwise the switch would dim the spots too (assuming the transformer is dimmable and the bulbs aren't Compact Florecent or LEDs). Wouldn't have a clue how to wire it up though!

Regards
Jamie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back