Water Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved to a new house and the outside tap has a pathetic pressure...trickles out of the hose. How can I increase it to enable use of a hosepipe.? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
replace the pipe / tap (assuming you have checked the tap)

Checked the tap for what?

I am new to this DIY lark...as you probably can tell. ;)

Breezer has given you good advice!

Unscrew tap from wall plate (turn water off first) wrap plenty of ptfe tape on new one and screw in. If still a problem suspect water pressure.

One way of checking if it is a pressure problem is turn off water, unscrew tap off wall plate and then turn water back on for a few seconds. Ask the missus to tell you if plenty of water gushed out. If so you have good pressure (and a wet missus) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
BAHCO said:
Breezer has given you good advice!

Unscrew tap from wall plate (turn water off first) wrap plenty of ptfe tape on new one and screw in. If still a problem suspect water pressure.

One way of checking if it is a pressure problem is turn off water, unscrew tap off wall plate and then turn water back on for a few seconds. Ask the missus to tell you if plenty of water gushed out. If so you have good pressure (and a wet missus) :LOL:

Thanks guys for the help (and idea for ****ing off the missus :) ) - I will let you know how it goes.

she may want
images

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back