Potterton Netaheat Profile 80 E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Netaheat Profile 80E and the problem is the boiler continues to run regardless of programmer position. With room stat turned off no programme called for the boiler runs until boiler stat trips out. When temp drops in the boiler the boiler stat cuts in and boiler starts again. I have 2 (central heating/ hot water) motorised valves which appear to be working OK also the cylinder stat seems to be working. No hot water is distributed to either the CH or DHW as the valves are closed until the program from the timer calls for it. Valves open and close as dictated by the programmer.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on please.

Drewy

Sponsored Links
probably one of your motorised valves has a switch ON. Is anything getting hot other than the boiler - if so the valve's stuck open.

Remove the orange wire(s) from the valve(s) to the junction box to see which it is.

bet one of the micro switchs in the two port valves is stuck on.

if you are competent it isnt hard to check for 240vAC on the orange

:)

probably one of your motorised valves has a switch ON. Is anything getting hot other than the boiler - if so the valve's stuck open.

Remove the orange wire(s) from the valve(s) to the junction box to see which it is.

blimey chris you are kwik draw macgraw today matey

Sponsored Links

Hi Chris
The motorised valves are working OK when the programmer calls for either hot water or central heating the valves open I can hear the motor turning. When the programmer is not calling for heat no hot water flows ie the valves are shut.

Hi Chris
The motorised valves are working OK when the programmer calls for either hot water or central heating the valves open I can hear the motor turning. When the programmer is not calling for heat no hot water flows ie the valves are shut.

is not the motor that me or chris are refering to mate

the switches within the valve(s) are stuck on and sending 240vAC to the boiler.

this can happen even if the valve actuate and if the programmer is off.

Hi Chris

Hi Corgimam
I will go and check. That does make sense and I see what you mean. I will get back later with the result.
Thank you.
Drewy

Hi Chris

Hi Corgimam
I will go and check. That does make sense and I see what you mean. I will get back later with the result.
Thank you.
Drewy

Hi Corgiman

Thank you very much for the information one of the micro switches was as you said stuck on. A bit of gently operating the switch freed it off and all is working fine now.
Thank you again :D

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

if the lads see I got something right it may damage their health

Well done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back